It’s one of the biggest names in online marketing right now. No, it’s not Twitter or even Facebook. It’s Pinterest. It may not have as many users as the social media biggies yet, but make no mistake; Pinterest is gaining users and making waves in the social world.
What exactly is Pinterest? It is your virtual pinboard. You can use it to bookmark, or “pin,” webpages you like and share them with others. Like Twitter, you can amass followers and share your pins with them.
Pinterest works best for businesses that are visually appealing. Products and websites that look good tend to get pinned and re-pinned the most. If this sounds like your business, you can use Pinterest to drive people to your website and gain customers. Here are some tips to make sure your business is Pinteresting.
- Use vibrant images. Think about it, what would you rather click on? An eye-catching image or a plain text? When people pin things, an image is shown on their pinboard. Make it easy for people to pin your page but adding images that are viewable.
- Add a “Pin It” button to your website. Make it easy for people to pin your business; go ahead and add the button right there on your site. You can also add a follow button next to your other social sharing buttons.
- Create boards. Find out what your customers are interested in and create boards that will fit. Add lots of images, not only of your products but also of things that will fit your customer’s interests.
- Categorize your pin boards under relevant topics. If you place your pins, you will increase your chances of other people seeing them, and the more followers you will get.
- Create Pinterest-specific content. This tip is especially good if you also have followers on Facebook and Twitter. Creating new content just for Pinterest will give your viewers a reason to follow you on another channel.
- Be involved in the community. If you want people to follow you, you need to be just as involved in the community yourself. Follow others, like their sites and re-pin content. Just like other social sites, the more active you are the more followers you will get.
More and more people are joining Pinterest and sharing their favorite things. Take advantage of this move to visual based marketing, and optimize your business website for Pinterest.
Want more Pinterest tips? Grab your free report “7 Steps to Get Massive Traffic Using Pinterest” on my freebie page.